While visiting the Natural Products Expo in Anaheim, CA, an event that drew around 100,000 people and rows upon rows of booths with natural product brands, I was lucky enough to meet the founders of Torie & Howard organic hard candy. WOW these candies were so delicious and I was happy to find that they were low in FODMAPs. This is excellent for those that are looking for a little sweet kick – but I don’t recommend eating a ton of them – everything in moderation AND sugar is sugar after all. I love this brand and am excited to host a contest where three U.S. winners will win one tin of each of Torie & Howard’s four flavors! ENTER THE CONTEST HERE: https://secure.pagemodo.com/m/9BD7WB
Aside from loving the delicious flavors of d’anjou pear & cinnamon, pomegranate & nectarine, blood orange & honey, pink grapefruit & tupelo honey, I also enjoyed the Torie & Howard story. It’s always moving to meet entrepreneurs that started a business based off of personal circumstance. Both Torie & Howard experienced a health related event that had a significant impact on their lives. As shared on their website: For Howard, losing over a hundred pounds led to a renewed focus on eating as healthy and nutritionally conscious as possible. On his new lifestyle regimen, it became paramount to Howard that he optimize his consumption by eating only the most delicious and healthful foods and ensuring that every single calorie consumed had earned its pleasure quotient. For Torie, it was the onset of severe food allergies that forced her to make serious changes in her life and in her diet. These new restrictions made finding satisfying snacks all the more difficult, and all the more important.
With a new dedication to nutrition in their lives and the relative lack of healthy, indulgent snacks on the market, it became apparent that the time was right to fulfill their dream of starting their own snack food company. And so Torie & Howard was born, out of a mutual love of delicious & all natural foods that soothe the soul and nourish the body.
Some Quick Facts:
- Blood Orange & Honey and Pink Grapefruit & Tupelo Honey if you are finished with the Low Fodmap Diet and know which foods to avoid but still need to avoid honey, these flavors do not have any honey. They are sweetened with organic sugar and organic rice syrup. Torie & Howard uses an all natural and organic compliant honey flavoring.
- Torie & Howard can be found in many stores throughout US and Canada, as well as internationally. Big retailers include Barnes & Noble Cafes, Whole Foods, and many fine food grocers, natural food stores, duty free shops, online retailers, Staples.com, Dean & Deluca, candy shoppes and emporiums in the U.S and around the world, airport, coffee shops, and with many sellers on Amazon.com – just to name a few. Torie & Howard are always finding new shops to carry their products. They keep a Pinterest board of some of their retailers as they find them, and a Twitter list, too. As Torie & Howard’s Kami Bacon, Social Media Marketing Manager said: “It’s so hard to keep up as our candy is spreading out across the globe as the new hard candy classic in healthy snacking!”
**Torie & Howard products have not been analyzed for FODMAPs, however they are low in FODMAPs.
Love Us, Follow Us and Subscribe!
- SIGN UP for our newsletter today –FODMAPLifeEmailNewsletter
- FACEBOOK –https://www.facebook.com/fodmaplife
- INSTAGRAM -https://instagram.com/fodmaplife
- TWITTER –https://twitter.com/FODMAPLife
- YOUTUBE – FODMAP Life