Catch this recipe in my new book: The Everything® Low-FODMAP Diet Cookbook. Available from these booksellers: Amazon: http://goo.gl/wDxqnO, Barnes & Noble: goo.gl/Z8W2e5, Indiebound: goo.gl/VtWxW9 and Target: http://goo.gl/b5kHfA. Publisher: F+W Media. Publish Date: May 6, 2016
Raspberry Lemon Chia Seed Jam (Low-FODMAP, GF, Vegan)
This jam is delicious on a warm gluten-free scone, on gluten-free toast with butter, or mixed into a tub of lactose-free yogurt.
Makes 1 cup
- 1/2 pint (or 6 ounces) fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 1/2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Add fruit, lemon juice, lemon zest, and maple syrup to a small saucepan and cook over medium-high heat. Cover. Stir occasionally until fruit begins to thicken, about 10 minutes.
- Uncover and bring mixture to a boil until it develops a sauce-like consistency, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in chia seeds and cook 2 more minutes. Stir again and then remove from heat.
- Transfer jam to an airtight jar or other container and allow to cool, or refrigerate 2–3 hours before use. The jam will continue to thicken. Can be stored in refrigerator 2 weeks or frozen up to 2 months.
Looking for help on the low-FODMAP diet? Ask me about my nutritional coaching services by contacting me here.
Be good to yourself and your gut!