This pudding was SO delicious! Very easy to make, and another husband-approved dish here at the Francioli household. Before I give you the recipe, I want to teach you about the benefits of chia seeds. My hope is that you’ll make them a part of your regular diet. After all, food is medicine!
- Chia seeds are very rich in omega-3 fatty acids and they don’t have to be ground up (like flax seeds) in order to receive their nutrients.
- Chia seeds are HIGH in fiber – depending on your IBS symptoms and if fiber has been nice to you in the past, and you are constipated often, I’d highly recommend them to help with gut motility.
- Chia seeds also contain calcium (read: Benefits of Calcium), phosphorus (is frequently used in the homoeopathic treatment of irritable bowel syndrome), magnesium (helps relieve constipation, relaxes the nervous system, loosens tight muscles), manganese (helps with collagen production, blood sugar control, prevents free radical damage), copper (helps in the absorption of iron from the intestinal tract and in the release from its primary storage sites like the liver; anti-inflammatory for arthritis), iron (people with gastrointestinal diseases such as celiac disease, ulcerative colitis and crohns are usually deficient in iron), molybdenum (act as a catalyst for enzymes and to help facilitate the breakdown of certain amino acids in the body), niacin, and zinc.
Low Fodmap Chia Seed Pudding by FODMAP Life
- 1/4 cup Chia Seeds – I like Sunfood, Superfoods, Raw Organic Chia Seed, 1 lb (454 g)
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure almond or hazelnut extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- In a blender, mix together the almond milk, maple syrup, extract and sea salt.
- Put your chia seeds into a bowl and then add the ingredients from the blender. Use an electric hand mixer on low or preferably a whisk to blend everything together.
- Store in the refrigerator covered, then stir once every hour to ensure the chia seeds don’t lump up together, and that they are evenly distributed.
- Stir one more time after you’ve removed the bowl from the refrigerator after about three hours.
- Top with cinnamon, light coconut shreds, slivered almonds or sliced banana. Enjoy!
Love Us, Follow Us and Subscribe!